High temperature solenoid valves
In the hot-melt industry, solenoid valves are used on all electropneumatic guns and are responsible for switching the pneumatic flow (compressed air) to activate/deactivate the module, causing the adhesive flow to be dispensed or interrupted.
There are numerous types of solenoid valves with 2 or more ways, which differ in the diameter of the ducts, the threading of the pneumatic inlets/outlets and the electrical characteristics of the coil (working voltage and power).
In the hot-melt industry, solenoid valves are essentially of 3 types:
- 3-way solenoid valves, used in open/close air guns
- 4-way solenoid valves, used in open/close air guns in medium speed applications
- 5-way solenoid valves, used in open/close air guns in high-speed applications
Unless specifically requested, all solenoid valves supplied by EMMECI ELETTRONICA are for high temperatures.
In the photo above, starting from the left, you can see:
- 5-way solenoid valve 24W 5.2W high flow with 1/4″ thread for high speeds
- 4-way solenoid valve 24W 12.5W with 1/8″ thread for double-acting guns (air opens/air closes)
- 3-way solenoid valve 24W 8.5W with 1/8″ thread for single acting guns (air opens/spring closes)
- 3-way solenoid valve 24W 2.5W with 1/8″ thread for high speed
Our technical staff can help you find the right solenoid valve model for your gun.