WB485 is an interface that allows remote programming (via PC or Android devices) of several Emmeci Elettronica products:
- Easy-charge adhesive granule charger
- All devices provided with a Modbus/RS485 interface, such as the Neptune-Plus driver.
The connection between the programming devices and the WB485 interface is via Bluetooth, therefore no additional cables or connections are required.
The figure below shows a typical system created with WB485.
On the left are the mobile devices, connected via Bluetooth. On the right are the two lines (bus) with which WB485 is equipped:
- In red the Modbus RS485 bus, which is compliant with the directives of the Modbus consortium and works at 9600bps.
- In light blue the ECHbus bus, which is a proprietary bus that allows communication with the Easy-charge charger, enabling parameterisation and testing.
The WB485 has a 4-pole clamp for connecting the Modbus line and the power supply.
In the case of connection to the EASY-CHARGE charger, only the 1 m flat cable with an 8-pin RJ45 male connector supplied with the WB485 must be used. This cable is the one related to the ECHbus cable and must be connected to the EASY-CHARGE charger using one of the following adapters:
- 8-pin female-female adapter cod. 203xx002 supplied with the device
- 8-pin male-female adapter cod. WB485/T (optional)
The connection of the WB485 to the EASY-CHARGE charger is very quick, as you just need to disconnect any of the yellow cables connected to the EASY-LOGIC cards and connect it to the WB485 via the adapter 203XX002.
Since this solution would leave the channel whose cable you are using disconnected, it is possible to use the accessory WB485/T, that allows the simultaneous connection of EASY-LOGIC and WB485, as shown in the figure.
Each WB485 has a unique code that makes it recognizable by the others that may be present in the proximity.